Eco2Focus envisages a smooth transition from fossile fuels to sustainable energy sources. The transition velocity is constraint by technological developments as well as commercial viability. We focus on “early niche markets”, combining sustainability and cost effectiveness. Across the entire energy chain: from generation and transport, to storage and distribution. The analyses and development of a 250 kVA Dual Fuel Generator concept in co-operation with other companies, is an example.
Our most important activities in the field of energy are listed below:
- Co-operation with DutchCell BV in the development of stationary fuelcell concepts (0 – 100 kWe);
- Involved in the realization of a “Joint European Road Map on Fuel Cell Technology” initiated by the European Defense Agency (EDA) in co-operation with the European Space Agency (ESA);
- Study on the feasibility of a so called “hydrogen powered traffic safety vehicle” by order of the Dutch Department of Waterways and Public Works in conjunction with the Energy Research Centre of the Netherlands. The study has been conducted in co-operation of Dutchcell BV while participating in a Small Business Innovation & Research subsidy programme initiated by Agentschap NL;
- Co- operation with Homan BV in the development of a Dual Fuel Generator concept;
- Participation in the INTERREG IV programme (Benelux central) to implement education on sustainable energy;
- Study on the feasibility of clean “shore power” alternatives on board 5000 BRT ships by order of Forest Wave Navigation (www.forestwave.nl );
- Development and testing of an innovative windturbine concept.